October 15 - 19, 2018
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Houston, Texas, USA
2712 Southwest Freeway, 77098
We are pleased to announce the 25th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2018),
managed by Tcl Community Association
Sponsored by ActiveState Inc, FlightAware, Mentor - A Siemens Business, and Noumena Corp.
Learn from the experts and share your knowledge. The annual Tcl/Tk
conference is the best opportunity to talk with experts and peers,
cross-examine the Tcl/Tk core team, learn about what's coming and how
to use what's here.
- Tutorials taught by Tcl experts
- Tcl Certification Exam Details
- In depth discussions of 8.6 changes and how to take advantage of them
- Using the Tcl dict, module and OO commands
- The future of Tcl after 8.6
- Best practices in package management, software design, dynamic programming and more
- Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions
- Discussion forums with the Tcl/Tk core team
- Tcl/Tk Social Suite for late night discussions and beverage consumption.
- Clif Flynt — (Experiences with Adopting the Tcl/Tk Ecosystem in a University Research Lab Setting, Extending the Text Widget, State Of Tcl Community Association)
- Frank Morlang — (SWIMming in Tcl)
- Garrett McGrath — (Building a Fault-Tolerant Distributed System with
- Gunes Koru — (Experiences with Adopting the Tcl/Tk Ecosystem in a University Research Lab Setting, Extending the Text Widget)
- Joe Mistachkin — (Comdb2)
- Jonathan Cone — (Debugging Tcl with VS Code)
- Karl Lehenbauer — (Sqlbird - Keeping PosgreSQL database tables replicated in SQLite using Tcl, State of FlightAware Tcl Bounties, Tcl @ FlightAware)
- Peter da Silva — (Popeye - flight tracking with Tcl, Sqlite, and C++)
- Phil Brooks — (Object Lifetimes in Tcl - Uses, Misuses, Limitations)
- Roy Keene — (Tcl Nano)
- Sean Woods — (Clay - A Minimalist Framework for TclOO Libraries, The Httpd module and Toadhttpd)
- Shannon Noe — (cpptcl, a helper to write Tcl C++ extensions)
- Stephen Huntley — (A Reboot of the Starpack Build Process for Tcl 8.6 and Beyond)
- Urmita Banerjee — (Tcl package for Sqlite3 database schema migration)
- Yili Zhang — (Auto-Updating for Client-Server Software)
There will be a jobs board again. If you are interested in hiring a
Tcl/Tk expert or two, or are looking for new engagement, either show
up with your announcement ready to tack on the board, or send email to
Thursday night will see everyone gathered together to chow down and
chat. Some variety of amusement will occur after the banquet.
The conference will be held at the Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks.
More details (including how to book rooms, reach it, etc.) are available
at our Location page
Papers and Abstracts
The list of papers and their abstracts will be made available in the
schedule section of these pages after the
notifications to authors have been sent out, on August 27, 2018.
The papers of previous years are available through the index of
North-American Tcl Conferences.